A Forum for Talking Animals

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bus-riding-B*&%$-Buying-Bourbon

I would like to say that, for the most part, I am a fairly understanding person. Need a helping hand? I'll do what I can. But, I will say that what I will rarely do is give money to people outside of businesses. The story that follows is a prime example of why this is a good habit to keep...

I was on my way into Long's last night when I was approached by an "interesting" woman who asked me for money to catch the bus. (Tangent: I find this new "bus fare" angle interesting... especially when there is no bus stop within four city blocks) Needless to say, I said, "Sorry, but no." Not giving the exchange much further thought, I went inside and scoured the isles for contact paper and index cards. About ten minutes later I was in the check out line when, who should pop into line behind me, but Mrs. hard-up-for-bus-fare. What was she in line for you ask? Some reading material for her long trip on Sacramento City Transit? Oh-no. She was buying a large bottle of bourbon with a wrinkled stack of ones. It is amazing to me that people's actions can still baffle me this much after 25 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home