A Forum for Talking Animals

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Um... there are two in there

Ryan and I went for our 16-week appointment yesterday and I am happy to report that both babies look fantastic. This was our first appointment with the doctor, we had seen our NP and a radiologist previously. She started out by telling us all about the 20-week radiology appointment where they can tell you the sex of your baby and then about how she was going to listen to the baby's heartbeat with a moniter. The BABY. Singular. I'm thinking... unless one fell out along the way I am pretty sure there are two in there still. Ryan was thinking the same thing because he (very politely) asked, "How can you tell the difference between the two heartbeats on the monitor?" (it looks like a little kids radio with a microphone on it). I'm sure she gets lame questions like that all the time but she very politely responded with, "Well, the baby's heartbeat is much faster than hers (indicating me)." At this point Ryan had to say that he meant the two BABY'S heartbeats. I think we caught her a little off guard. I felt bad actually but it all worked out okay. Turns out they have a new computer system that doesn't print multiple births on the front of the chart anymore. We were able to see the babies on ultrasound. Turns out you can't tell the difference with sound, you have to visually inspect each heartbeat. Anyway, they look good and are moving around like crazy... life should be fun once I can FEEL them poking me day and night. :) The higher up baby was getting a little frisky and kept kicking their sibling in the head. The doctor said that it won't hurt them and that they probably don't even feel it. Good thing too or that kicking baby would have hell to pay when they finally get out of there and "payback" can begin. :)

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your discussion regarding your babies. I am glad everything is going well with the babies and you. I love your humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home