A Forum for Talking Animals

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Single again...

Well, for the night anyway...Ryan is off having a fun "boys only" weekend with my family in South Lake Tahoe. I'm sure that he is either: a. Drinking, b. Gambling or c. Drinking and gambling right now. Anyway, seeing as I don't have any external genatalia, I was left at home and have been trying to occupy my time accordingly. Here's what I did today during my wild 24 hours of alone time:
1. Got up
2. Read a book
3. Decided item #1 was a decision made in hast and went back to bed
4. Got up (again)
5. Had some Special K (the one with the red berries--surprisingly satisfying)
6. Took a shower
7. Cashed in $131.50 worth of coins at the bank. (I got to put my shoebox o' coins in a cool bullet proof box--reason #127 that I'm glad we are moving--and felt a sudden rush of relief that they didn't stick the bomb squad on me when I initially came in with the tattered shoebox)
8. Walked around the mall to find a gift for my Heather. (Was going for the "I'm so cool that I shop alone" look but ended up with the "I have epilepsy" look because I kept retracing my steps to have a second look at certain items and actually left and then returned to a store within a 30 second period)
9. Came home and watched "Jack"--the Saturday movie on channel 4.
10. Cried at the end of "Jack" and then looked up Progeria online to see if I could make a donation.
11. Shut my computer off in horror when I found out that you can develop adult onset Progeria in your mid to late twenties.
12. Went and bought packing paper.
13. Packed the guest room.
14. Exhausted from all my alone time I took a nap.
15. Slept right through the sneak preview of "Eight Below"--Disney's new heartwrenching tale of a man and his special bond with his sled dogs.
16. Kicked myself
17. Sat down to blog about my fun-filled single life.

Thank God that I have Ryan. Just sayin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home