A Forum for Talking Animals

Friday, January 19, 2007

Three Fun Things...

Now that I stay at home with babies my life has taken a very domestic turn. Because of this, I haven't had much to blog about. I mean, I know all of my loyal fans are interested in things like spit-up, long nights and unbelievable large quantities of poop (seriously, how does that much volume come out of someone so small?), but I have decided not to post about such interesting occurrences. Therefore, I have been shy of material... until today. Today I have three fun things to share:

1. Ryan and I have been searching for daycare and, completely by accident, we stumbled upon the scariest childcare establishment in all of Northern California. Why scary you may ask? Oh--let me share with you:

This establishment, which will go unnamed, was located in a rather sketchy part of town... right down the street from a KFC where three cop cars were parked. Perhaps they were just fueling up with some fried chicken goodness you might say. Um, not unless buying chicken requires blazing lights and hand-cuffs, just saying. Also, the center was located in a converted house--the kind of house you would not go trick or treating at if you catch my drift. The paint was pealing, the bushes were over grown, the "grass" was a nice shade of brown and the I'm pretty sure the neighbors had bars on their windows. Intrigued? Well, if you go looking for this childcare center you may not be able to find it. This is because they have no sign... that is an actual sign. Instead they have their name and advertisements like, "Infant Programs!" and "Open Enrollment!" painted on the windows in poor handwriting with blue paint. As if this was not enough they also shared a fence with a Quickie Mart behind them. Awesome.

2. SPAM is fun. I have been clearing out my spam folder lately and occasionally I stop to read some of the messages I get. Besides the fact that I am a Walmart giftcard winner at least 12 times a day I have also been offered the opportunity to get my college degree and become a certified police officer! Whew-hew! To think that I was contemplating staying at home with the babies when I could be an educated women of the law that spends her free time on shopping sprees at Wally-World!

3. Perhaps the best little bit of news that I have to share with you all today... this morning I put on... oh wonderful day of days... a pair of jeans that had nether an elastic waist nor a full panel of spandex. No one shall know the glory of this day until they have spent months of their life in the same pair of pants. Pants that were worn so much, and stretched so far, that the sides actually had to be resewn. Today I say goodbye to you my faithful, full paneled friend. We had some good times together and I will miss you. May you rest in peace beside the empire waist shirts and extra-large underwear of days gone by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home