A Forum for Talking Animals

Monday, January 07, 2008

Love the Ones You're With...

Today I heard some depressing news. The woman who teaches next door to me wasn't back at school today after the break. It turns out her brother in law passed away after a battle with cancer. He was only in his thirties.

The thing is, I only knew this man through the stories that were told to me in passing. He seemed like your average, nice guy. In light of our non-relationship I was surprised at how greatly the news effected me. I guess I'm just sad because it is just a really sad story all around. To lose someone, especially someone so young, whom you love is never a happy event.

To my friend and her family I send my best thoughts for happier times to come and vivid memories of the happy times that have past. To the rest of you I wish you days filled with those that you love and enough time to treasure all of the good moments. Be well.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I always do B. And I say this with complete seriousness; I can't imagine not talking on the phone with you everyday. Even if it is the same ridiculous conversation over and over again. xoxo Your Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home