A Forum for Talking Animals

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Thanks to Everyone


My grandfather, Pop-Pop, passed away a couple of weeks ago. His services were held yesterday in the bay area. I knew that his celebration of life service would be nice, but I had no idea how well attend it would be. Pop-Pop's family was there, of course, but so were his neighbors --some from two neighborhoods and 20+ years back--past colleagues and my friends. I didn't realize how much it would mean to me to see all of those faces. I loved my Pop-Pop very, very much--I still do--and I will think about him every day of my life, but to think that he made that much of an impact on so many others as well--I guess it just speaks to how great of a guy he was. To those of you that came, thanks again, and to those of you who wanted to be there and couldn't, thank you for your kind thoughts. I know that, where ever he is, Pop-Pop is kicking down a glass to apple juice, tending to his plants and smiling down on all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home