A Forum for Talking Animals

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I would like to NOT thank the Academy

I'm not sure who it is that:

a. Decides what movies will be nominated for an Academy Award
b. Watches the movies that were nominated for an Academy Award
c. Chooses the winners of the actual Academy Award

...but someone, some where, is seriously dropping the ball. Case and point: Ryan and I came home from Chicago the other night and my mother in law, Joy, Ryan's brother, Scott and Scott's friend Judah were watching "No Country For Old Men". Great, it just started, it got a lot of awards--I'll watch it. Wrong decision. I realize that I missed the first 15 minutes but all that I picked up from the remaining six hours of torture that followed was: everyone dies, crazy man continues to walk the streets, Tommy Lee Jones doubts himself. Seriously--it was the worst movie I have seen in a really, really long time--and I sat through "Dr. T and His Women" (yeah, it was THAT bad).

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Heather said...

And I am going to assume there was not a single talking animal in the whole flick...

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Brittaney said...

Precisely.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't this the same academy that picked "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp" from the 50 Cent movie as best sound track last year? I'm pretty sure that's when they lost my respect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home