A Forum for Talking Animals

Monday, June 09, 2008

Ahh... to be a guy

When I give a gift I obsess over the wrapping. I'm not going to lie--I take a lot of pride in making it look good. For those of you interested in becoming someone obsessed with the wrap job on your next house warming gift--try wire edged ribbon; you will not be disappointed.

I know that my husband does not share my love of paper and ribbon. In fact, I have been convinced for quite some time that men actually lack a wrapping gene present in most females of our species. Today that thought was supported when this scene unfolded at a local Target store:

A very nice man in khaki pants and a Tommy Jeans Tee tucked in with a belt (nice--but fashion challenged--as are so many) was buying something in front of me. The checker asked him if he needed a bag and the man responded, "Yes. In fact, can you double bag it... it's a gift." Apparently, two Target bags qualifies as gift wrap. Plus, when you are done "unwrapping" you can take your dog for a walk and pick up after them. Really, it's two gifts in one. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home