A Forum for Talking Animals

Friday, January 26, 2007

Eavesdropping on Strangers: Grammar (In)correction

Warning: Toni and Grant, I am afraid that this post may put you into cardiac arrest... read on with caution.

Today I was at Target. Let me just say that, when it comes to eavesdropping, Target has proved to be the mother ship.

This little encounter occurred between a mother and her 5 year old daughter.

Daughter: Mom, I really want you to come look at this shirt. I just saw it over there.
Mother: I just seen it over there.
Daughter: Oh, sorry... I just seen it over there.

If children are the future, this little child is the future student of remedial English. Good times.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! My left arm hurts and I feel crushing pain in my chest! You are sooo lucky I wasn't there with you. I would have been totally rude and corrected her!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Grant said...

Horrid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home